Tuesday, June 22, 2010

What face makeup brand should I use?

I have very oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin and I am looking for a hypoallergenic, fragrance and oil free foundation/powder. I am currently using Rimmel and sometimes Bare Nautreals by Loreal.. but I am looking for something much better for my skin. I am deciding on trying either Clinique, Physicians Formula, or Almay. What do you suggest?What face makeup brand should I use?
Bee Luscious. It is the best IMHO.What face makeup brand should I use?
Physicians Formula. I love their powder foundations!!!!! I too have oily and sensitive skin. It's not expensive and it does the job beautifully. It also makes me feel good to know that there's not alot of harsh chemicals in their product.





Even though you have oily skin, you really should start out washing your face with something like Cetaphil soap. After that, I would recommend a light moisturizer designed for oily skin like Burt's Bees Radiance Day Cream. If the Day cream seems to oily to use under even powder foundation during the day, use it at night after you have used Cetaphil soap to cleanse your face.





I use Cetaphil because my Dermatologist recommends it and it's not expensive at all. It costs about $3.00 per bar and it lasts me at least 3 months or longer. The Day Cream is around $15.00 and it last at least 3 months, too.





I hope this helps!
BareMinerals by BareEscentuals brand is the #1 mineral makeup in America, used by celebrities and is beautiful on any skin type! you can order it online or at purchase at a beauty supply store, buy the kit, it includes brushes, bronzer, foundation (which doubles as concealer) and ';mineral veil'; which is a sheer, light powder that goes over everything and makes you glow. It is healthy for skin and you can apply it all in two minutes. I love it!






I am off the chart on oiliness, so I can relate to your problem. Both Clinique and Lancome make a powder makeup that is oil-free, provides light coverage, and doesn't promote breakouts. (Both look like a pressed powder compact.)





One piece of advice, DO NOT go for all the cleansers and oil blockers, etc that they will try to sell you. Overstripping the skin of oil will actually make it MORE OILY - sounds crazy, but it is true. Use a very gentle cleanser and rinse thoroughly (I have the opportunity to do this 3 times a day, but that may not work for your schedule). When out and about, use some of those oil blotting sheets to help control the shine. Some even come with a very neutral colored powder embedded in the oil blotting sheet - I think those work quite well.





Good luck and remember that when it comes to oily skin being overzealous in cleaning can actually make matters worse.
actually, for acne prone skin, i would suggest you try some MMU, or mineral makeup. Dayna's Minerals, Everyday Minerals, EGminerals, Bare Escentuls, Silk Naturals, are all good brands, and the best part? most of them (dayna's, everyday, eg, silk naturals, are all made by hand- they're home owned brands, and so you can get stuff personalized to your skin type as well. )





try it out. MMU. its good for any type of skin.





if you don't want to go the extra mile, olay is always good. their REGENERIST line of cleansers is particularly good for oily skin.





make sure to use a gentle cleanser, like Cetaphil's Facial Cleanser. special acne cleansers might actually irritate your skin even more.
yeah, if you have sensitive skin and all, id definitely invest in some skin care products. ultimately you want good skin without makeup. so talk to a dermatologist, if at all possible. theyll be able to help you the most. you can also go to a department store in any mall. there are tons of people at the various counters that can help you find the best makeup. if you can, try to get something as gentle and natural as possible. if you keep clogging pores youll always need makeup. good luck! :)
I had the same skin as you. I started using Bare Escentuals. I love it, my face is the clearest its been ever!


Its a little pricey but it lasts a while and its great for your skin. Dont try the knockoff brands, this is the best stuff. Been using it for over 3 years. You can get it a Sephora or some JCPennys have a Sephora in it.


I would suggest the trial kit thats $50 so you can get the brushes with the makeup. Also, the bronzer is great!
I would suggest Clinique, it's a great product for acne-prone skin. When you go to the counter, ask one of the people who work there which powder and moisturizer would be best for you
No7 is a good product and Olay because my mum has got a oily skin and a red face but its good now she like this product she has used loads more but this one is better
I swear by Clinique-I break out in blotches with any other.. I did try Almay, but it turned a little itchy-- the Almay mascara is ok.. for the works and sensitive skin..Clinique-good luck !
Use Neutrogena foundation. It's awesome
Almay is really great so is bare Essentials and mineral makeup all are great for the skin

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
windows web hosting