Saturday, December 5, 2009

How can I cover up the rosacea on my face with makeup?

I have tried several brands of make up and you can still see it. Does anyone have any suggestions. How can I cover up the rosacea on my face with makeup?
Good Skin's Green Concealer. 12-15$ at Kohl's.How can I cover up the rosacea on my face with makeup?
I would suggest you try a mineral makeup. More specifically, a mineral foundation with a greenish tint would be best. Look for products that do not contain any fillers, talc powder or parabens.





Mineral foundation products usually contain zinc oxide which acts as an anti-inflammatory. You should try to keep it as simple as possible. Apply a topical rosacea treatment at night to treat the rosacea symptoms. You probably won't be able to cover up the rosacea completely and you also don't want a thick layer of foundation and makeup anyway (your skin needs to breathe a little). But a reduction in the appearance of the redness with a mineral foundation should be possible.





You can read more about the effect of fluorescent lighting on the appearance of rosacea in the workplace on my blog below:
First, start with a moisturizer that evens out your skin tone.





Next, apply a green cover stick to the red areas (green counteracts redness)





Next, apply your normal foundation and blend well.





Apply concealer to any especially red areas that you can still see.





For more coverage, control shine and further disguise roseacea with loose face powder.





Finish off with the rest of your normal routine (blush, bronzer, shadow, mascara, etc...)





If you do this, it will hide your rosacea. Good luck!! Hope I helped!!
I don't have rosacea...but I do have a red nose most of the time! Dunno why. I use the greenish mineral concealer from LA Minerals. Followed by the Hollywood mineral foundation they sell. The green neutralizes the redness. Lasts all day long. Plus it's good for your skin and won't further irritate your skin condition. You should definitely try some samples from their site. They are like $1 and they ship em free:)


I saw a testimonial on their from someone with rosacea, said it worked really good and was clearing up...so maybe it will work for you!


best of luck 2 ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
windows web hosting