Friday, December 11, 2009

How can I make stubble or beard growth on an actor's face using makeup?

Use a stipple sponge and very dark eye shadow. It helps to put a dark base under it, like a bronzer.





It can be stunningly effective; I just had a bunch of female actors playing men and some of them were quite convincing.How can I make stubble or beard growth on an actor's face using makeup?
Use a greasepaint that matches their hair color (or is close) and apply it with a natural sea sponge to get the texture-dab it or blot it all over, don't rub it in.How can I make stubble or beard growth on an actor's face using makeup?
get one of those brillo pads and put on a foundation that is about the same color as the person's hair with it. if thier hair is black , then use paint.
eyeliner...lotsa dots
As a kid at Halloween, my mother rubbeda bunch of flesh tone make up very thick, where I wanted a beard and mustache, she then put coffee grounds in that area. I wish I had a picture to post, because it looked real!
Jfengle is correct, a stipple sponge is the best way. I was involved in a production of Man of La Mancha, and some of the guys just could not grow beards.
There are special sponges called ';stipple sponges.'; You just dab one of those in some dark makeup, and lightly touch it on the actor's face...very convincing stubble look. Be careful powdering, so as not to smear it.
Take a stipple sponge, (the black ones with little holes,) and find foundation close to the actors hair color. then stipple it over the desired area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
windows web hosting