Saturday, December 5, 2009

I have oily acne prone skin and I want face makeup for maximum coverage w/out caking.. Any suggestions?

I use CoverGirl Clean makeup and its nice cause it doesn't 'cake' on but it doesn't give me the coverage I need.. Also, I've never used a consealer (sp?).. Should I? And how?I have oily acne prone skin and I want face makeup for maximum coverage w/out caking.. Any suggestions?
MAC studio fix fluid is good, but if you're looking for a more affordable alternative I suggest getting Revlons Colorstay Liquid Foundation with SoftFlex. I actually converted from MAC to this (because I wanna save money) and I have to say I actually like it a little better. It doesn't stain my clothes like MAC does and it's not as thick either, BUT it has the same amazing coverage. It comes in a variety of colors and the container is clear, so you can see exactly what shade you're getting. Plus it's hypocomedogenic, so it's great for acne prone skin. You can get it in 2 different formulas including for oily skin (which is what I use too) For half the price, it's definitely worth it. I'd give it a try.





If you get the Revlon one, you actually don't need a concealor. I've stopped using concealer because the coverage is just that good. But just in case, I'd go ahead and buy the concealer from the same brand and apply it under your eyes if you have dark circles. If not, I'd skip on the concealer.





Hope this helps!I have oily acne prone skin and I want face makeup for maximum coverage w/out caking.. Any suggestions?
I also have oily acne prone skin and I've discovered the only foundation that covers my existing acne scars and pigmentation is MINERAL MAKEUP. I do looooooove MAC products and think they give great coverage and still use them sparingly (ex. use Studio Fix as a touch up powder during the day, and Mineralize Skin Finish as my setting/translucent powder) but when i was using Studio Fix powder and liquid as my foundation by itself, I found my skin would be overly oily and broken out. Now i use Prescriptives Mineral Makeup which doesnt break me out. Mineral makeup is great becuase you can build coverage and the powder gets into every crevice and really smooths out your skin.





The key to mineral makeup not caking is having a good moisturizer, and maybe a primer such as Smashbox. Using the right brush also helps. I use the big kabuki brush from MAC.





As far as concealer, i dont use a separate one. Instead I dab a little mineral makeup directly on each spot and just ';buff'; it out with a kabuki brush.
i've been using revlon's colorstay makeup for combination/oily skin and it has worked pretty well for me,you should check it out
you should check out MAC foundation, alot of there foundations are good for all sorts of skin types and have different coverages.





Their foundations also come with different undertones which is really helpful if your dark skinned like me, NC have yellow/golden undertones and NW have orange/red undertones, i use NC45 studio fix fluid.





IF you still want more matte finish i would look at their studio fix powder or you can use both studio fix products together entirely your preference.





http://www.maccosmetics.co.uk/templates/鈥?/a>





Also check out clinique products for facial care routines,





http://www.clinique.co.uk/index.tmpl?nge鈥?/a>





all products are slighty pricey but very good quality for what you pay for





hope this helped

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
windows web hosting