Saturday, December 5, 2009

Whats is a good foundation, and good face makeup?

I've always seemed to have problems with my foundation, it took me ages to find one to stick too which was the dream matte mousse but i know it isnt really right for me, it looks thick and isnt very good coverage, and i want good coverage. I've seen people with really good face makeup, like a good foundation, good blusher etc. Anyone got any advice on a good looking foundation and things to go with it for the face, baring in mind im very pale and im not that experienced with making makeup look good !Whats is a good foundation, and good face makeup?
The best coverage foundation hands down is Revlon Colorstay i use it to cover my freckles and a few acne marks





i am also pale and my skin is oily/combination I use their lightest shade which is ivory





they made two different skin types normal/dry %26amp; oily/combination so pick which one matches your skin





after that i set it will a little powder: Clinique super double face powder -- this over the foundation is super coverage





a good blusher is maybelline in precious pink


and i use too faced lash injection mascara


for lips neutrogena's moisture shine gloss in flirt/or clinique lip tint in raspberry





good luckWhats is a good foundation, and good face makeup?
My absolute favorite foundation is Clinique City Base foundation. I have used it forever and never cease to be pleased with it. I love Clinique makeup in general but the foundation is the only thing I get; everything else I buy in a cheaper version! ;) I added the link for it in below but you can buy it at most department stores with makeup counters. Watch for Clinique bonus weeks when you can get freebies along with it!
Bare Escentuals!!! I absolutely love this stuff! You can get their stuff @ anyone of their boutiques but you can also get it at Sephora or QVC. If you get their face starter kit it'll come with 2 different shades so you can play around with what looks best. If you're very pale the Fair kit would probably work best for you. The kit also comes with brushes and what not.


For Christmas I got my mom (who never wore face makeup) the starter kit and she fell in love with it so much she recommened it to her friends.





Also the kit will come with a DVD walking you through the steps of how to get that perfect complextion
Well some of that depends on your skin type. Are you oily, dry, combination, or normal? Those people with nice looking foundation know which formula to pick for them. The makeup works with their skin, not against it. Sounds like yours is working against it.





For oily skin try mineral makeup. My favorites are Laura Mercier, youngblood and jane iredale. The palest of these is youngblood's pearl.





For dry skin go with something that has a silicone base to glide over dry spots. Max factor colour adapt is nice. There are also several higher end brands that feature moisturizing properties. Bobbi Brown makes a nice moisturizing one. You can also try a tinted moiturizer. Laura Mercier, Tarte, and bobbi brown all make nice ones.





For combo skin I'd go with the minerals.





For normal skin you can go with any of these because your skin won't be fighting it.





To find a natural blush shade look at the pink that appears on your ear. The tips of the ears have natural flush tone to them. Match your blush to that undertone and you'll look natural.





For lips pull your bottom lip out and look at the color in the inside of your lip. That's your perfect natural lip tone. You can go darker than that but try and stay in that color family.





Another great way to get natural looking makeup is to try and stay within your color family. People are normally warm or cool. Warm skin tone has yellow in it. The veins at the back of the wrists look more turqouise or green. They tan golden. Cool skintones have pink in them. Their veins on the back of their wrist look decidedly blue. They burn in the sun or tan to a ruddy red shade.





Some makeup companies are kind enough to split their colors into cools and warms for you. Covergirl does this. So does Three custom color.
I found an awesome product on an info-mercial one night. Its called Bare Minerals by Bare Escentuals. It covers better than anything I've ever used... and its so light, I can't even feel it. It also has improved my complexion. I'll use it until I die!!!
Oh it takes lots of trial and error before you find the right one for you. Differences in individual skin types makes it hard to take a friends input on what to buy, then if you don't like it your stuck with a 10$ bottle of something you will never use again. Personally I use bare minerals.. and I haven't had any problems out of it at all. I'm also pale with combination skin, so it took me many years and lots of money spent to actually find one I loved. What I like best about it is you can use lots for that china doll look or just a little to give shear summertime coverage. It's not cheap but it works! And when you apply it its so forgiving, its not hard to put on at all, extremely difficult to make a mistake! I do a good exfoliation with sugar and olive oil a few nights a week that helps with keeping the dry spots from clumping with a powdered foundation, that is the only thing that I have had a problem with, but that is my skin and not the foundation. I think there are other types of powdered foundation on the market now so perhaps give one of them a shot and see how it works for you, best of luck! Wishing you beautiful skin!!! C.
I really like bare naturale by l'oreal for a quick make-up.


this is powdered mineral foundation you tap the brush .


I have medium/olive skin tone so I use nude beige if you are light skin they have lighter color and I also use soft rose in bare naturale.


and I use cover girl aqua make-up to for really good coverage ,but if you are out in the sun a lot I would use bare naturale.
If you want an excellent makeup, there is a company called Christi Mar. Its an all natural mineral makeup line. It won't make you break out or irritate your skin. You get great coverage. It comes in a pressed powder compact so you don't have to deal with messy loose powder. It makes your face look flawless without looking or feeling heavy on the skin. Its an awesome makeup. You can find it at www.christimarcosmetics.com
Mary Kay has the best line of cosmetics. Go to my 360 page for more info.
I use covergirl.


For foundation: Classic Ivory CG SMOOTHERS. It is great! I am fair, too.


Powder: It's called (CLASSIC IVORY) ';Simply Powder Foundation';..it is a POWDER in a black compact. Stays and covers great!


I use Estee Lauder blush, because my mom gave it to me. I use CG mascara, too...try ';Multiplying Mascara.';
  • rctc.edu
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    windows web hosting